Following the UK government’s guidance, consultations with religious scholars and health professionals, the Trustees and Management of Al-Manaar Muslim Cultural Heritage Centre have decided to suspend all congregational prayers, including JumA/Friday until further notice. This is a decision that was not taken lightly. However, the measure had to be taken for the greater good and to prevent further spread of the coronavirus in the UK.
We turn to Allah SWT to seek His protection in all matters while taking all the necessary precautions and measures to protect ourselves, our communities and society at large. We therefore use this opportunity to urge all to follow the advice and guidance provided by the public health authorities, the local and national governments to ensure the spread of the virus is delayed, contained and ultimately eradicated in-sha-Allah.
In the meantime, Al-Manaar will be providing the following daily services to the community:
- Telephone Counselling service for those who need it, especially those suffering from isolation. Our Professional Therapeutic Counsellor, Sis. Nacera, can be reached on: 07771545581
- Any enquiries related to the Al-Manaar Centre/MCHC Trust, you may call our Executive Director, Mr. Sayed, on 07500223914 or by email: [email protected]
- To deliver dry food and toiletries, please call the Centre on: 02089641496 or the Care-Taker, Mr. Hussein, on: 07754271744
- To report cases of elderly people in isolation, you may call Age-UK Kensington & Chelsea on 020 8969 9105 aukc.org.uk
- To volunteer, please call our local partner: Volunteer Centre Kensington & Chelsea on: 020 8960 3722 vckc.org.uk
- We value your views. You may send us advice and suggestions at: [email protected] We are currently considering live transmission of prayer-calls, Quran recitation, and religious advice and guidance by our Imams. If you happen to have the technical know-how and willing to assist with this, we would like to hear from you. Please do contact us.
- For regular updates and information, please visit our:
Stay up-to-date on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/almanaarmchc/
Wednesday 17th March 2020