Al-Manaar, The Muslim Cultural Heritage Centre (MCHC)
“…Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves…” Qur’an 13:11
The MCHC Trust is a registered UK charity that was officially inaugurated by HRH The Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, on 17th May 2001.
Our vision is to be a vibrant and welcoming community hub and resource that encourages and promotes a sense of belonging, unity and pride for both Muslims and the wider community and is relevant to every household in West London.
Our mission is to serve, educate, empower and inspire people to play an active and positive role in building cohesive and sustainable communities at a spiritual, social, economic and cultural levels.
Our work centres around six types of services which we provide:
- To provide the community in and around North Kensington with a focal point for a range of spiritual, social, cultural, economic, educational and training activities;
- To enable the community to develop a greater self-confidence through a sense of belonging, to affirm its cultural identity and plurality and to renew its zest for self-reliance;
- To help the community to be at one with itself in order to participate pro-actively in enhancing the vibrant, successful, multi-cultural and multi-ethnic community in North Kensington;
- To advance public knowledge and understanding of Islam;
- To reach out and act as a resource for the Muslim communities, voluntary and statutory agencies and the wider community as a whole;
To work in close partnership with the statutory and voluntary sector, integrating and complimenting the Centre’s services with existing provisions